The deadline for presentation proposals has already passed. Thanks for your interest.
2013 CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Transformation from the Center: 3rd Annual Secondary School Writing Center Conference 2013
Friday, October 11, 2013 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
George Mason University, Johnson Center
Building on the success of the last year’s tutor presentations, at this year’s conference we are continuing to invite new and experienced tutors and teams of tutors to lead 20-minute or 40-minute presentations. As this year’s conference theme is “transformation from the center,” think of ways that you can offer ideas, insights, or strategies that relate to the transformations that occur within your writing center. Some guiding questions to consider when choosing a focus for your presentation:
- What does transformation mean in relation to writing, teaching, or learning?
- How have you transformed through your work as a tutor?
- What training or realizations facilitated this transformation?
- How has this transformed other aspects of your life?
- What transformations have you witnessed in your tutees or in your school?
- What made these transformations possible?
- Are there any non-writing-related transformations you have observed?
- How has your writing transformed through being a writing tutor?
- What caused this transformation?
- What transformations have you witnessed since your writing center first opened?
- When is transformation fulfilling and fun?
- When is transformation challenging or painful?
Possible formats for proposals include, but are not limited to, panel presentations, individual presentations, roundtable discussions, and workshops. Also, alternative formats will be considered, so feel free to be creative in your proposal. Please make sure your presentation will be completed during the allotted time-frame.
To submit a proposal please click here and complete our online submission form.
Please email JGGoransson@fcps.edu with any questions about the tutor presentations.